Clearwater Memorial Public Library opening to all ages of patrons Monday
Clearwater Memorial Public Library will be opening to all ages of patrons on Monday, Jan. 11.
Beginning Monday, they will have limited open hours for all, as per schedule listed below. Please know that there will be rules and policy that must be followed if they are going to make this work. They want to keep everyone safe and keep the library open!
- Masks must be worn by all patrons (age 2 and older) for the duration in the library. Those who do not have a mask, will be provided one (children size too).
- They ask that patrons limit their time in the library because they will be limiting the number of patrons at any one time.
- Curbside is still an excellent option for those who do not want or cannot come inside (Monday through Friday 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. and Saturday 9:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.).
- There is one computer available for patron use with appointments (Monday through Friday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 2-5 p.m., Saturday 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.).
- There will be one copy machine available to patrons. Black and white copies only for 10 cents per page.
Hours will be as follows:
Monday through Friday:
- 10 a.m. - 12 noon Senior hours;
- Closed to all patrons 12 to 2 p.m. for cleaning and staff lunches
- 2 to 5 p.m. open to all ages of patrons
- 5-6 p.m. closed to patrons for cleaning and closing routines.
Saturday only curbside service and computer use by appointment will be offered.
The CMPL Policy in full is printed below and will be posted on their front door, library website, and Facebook page.
Clearwater Memorial Public Library Opening Policy:
In order to protect CMPL staff and patrons as much as possible during the Covid-19 pandemic, while still providing essential services, the CMPL Board has set forth the following policy:
1. All patrons are encouraged to use CMPL online services and curbside pickup to avoid needing to enter the library.
2. All patrons over the age of two years, vendors, and employees are required to wear a mask while in the library.
3. All patrons, vendors, and employees are required to sanitize their hands when entering the library and should sanitize them when leaving the library.
4. No more than 10 patrons are allowed in the library at any one time. Children under 13 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
5. The time limit for a patron to be inside the library is 30 minutes. If another patron is not waiting to enter, additional time may be authorized at the discretion of library staff.
6. No patron seating is available in the library.
7. All patrons, vendors, and staff should remain at least six feet away from anyone else who is not in their immediate household.
8. All materials (books, DVDs, audio books, etc.) touched by a patron need to be placed on the clearly marked return cart so they can be disinfected prior to putting them back on the shelf.
9. Newspapers and magazines will not be available for reading or checking out.
10. Anyone who is sick, or who has or suspects they may have COVID-19, or is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, or has been exposed to COVID-19 should not enter the library.