Clearwater Power temporarily suspending electric disconnections
Clearwater Power has made the decision to temporarily suspend electric disconnections for homes and small businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
Those who are unable to pay their bill, are asked to contact their staff to discuss payment deferrals, payment options and financial assistance. (1-888-743-1501) A proactive approach is the best way for them to be equipped to help.
In an effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Clearwater Power and Propane are taking the following steps to protect the health and safety of their employees, customers, contractors, and communities:
- Public lobbies are temporarily closed. Payments can be submitted 24/7 at www.clearwaterpower.com or 1-888-743-1501. Our drive-thru window is open during business hours and there is also a payment drop off point at our office on Hatwai Road.
- Non-critical services will be curtailed. This includes energy audits, new internet installations, new power installations and other non-critical services. (Electric service and propane delivery will not be impeded.) Those who experience a power outage, please report it by telephone or SmartHub.
- A number of steps are being taken to isolate and protect employees to ensure that Clearwater Power can maintain safe and reliable electric, propane and internet service.
- Those who are financially impacted, please stay in contact with their staff. They have payment options and services to assist membership through this challenging and unprecedented situation. A proactive approach is the best way for them to be equipped to help.
- All public meetings including town hall meetings and public safety demonstrations are currently cancelled.
Those who have further questions, please contact them at the above telephone number.